Jan. 28, 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information contact:
Katie Allen, Angus Foundation director of marketing and public relations, at 816-383-5100 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or
Milford Jenkins, Angus Foundation president, at 816-383-5100 or email@example.com
Nearly $32,000 in Gross Proceeds Raised for the Angus Foundation and 2013 National Junior Angus Show
Seven exclusive packages, an elite heifer and necklace offering and one raffle item generated $31,780 in gross proceeds for the Angus Foundation’s education, youth and research efforts and the 2013 National Junior Angus Show (NJAS), which will be hosted in Kansas City, Mo., July 5-11.
“Angus Night on the Mountain II,” a fundraising event to benefit the Angus Foundation and 2013 NJAS, was hosted and underwritten by Tom and Lois Ames at their beautiful Spruce Mountain Ranch, Larkspur, Colo., on Jan. 16. The event was hosted in conjunction with the National Western Stock Show in Denver.
The exclusive packages offered to benefit the Angus Foundation included:
· Advanced Reproductive Technology Package, donated by Trans Ova Genetics and Bovance, Sioux Center, Iowa. It was purchased for $1,900 by White Pines Farm, Ben Wheeler, Texas.
· 2013 Angus Foundation Golf Tournament Event Sponsorship, donated by the Angus Foundation. It was purchased for $800 by Mark and Cindy Ahearn of Turner Meadow Ranch, Wills Point, Texas.
· Trout Fishing Getaway in Scenic Idaho, donated by Riverbend Ranch, Idaho Falls, Idaho. It was purchased for $2,500 by Ric and Ann Schultz of Rockin S Ranch, Inc., Riverdale, Calif.
· Michigan Pheasant Hunt, donated by Omega Farms, Williamston, Mich. Tom and Lois Ames of Spruce Mountain Ranch, Larkspur, Colo., purchased the package for $2,400.
· Week of Beach Relaxation in California, donated by Thousand Hills Ranch, Teixeira Cattle Co., Pismo Beach, Calif. It was purchased for $4,000 by Matt Tiefenbrunn of Seven T Farms, LLC, Sullivan, Mo.
· Escape to The Ahwahnee in Yosemite National Park, donated by Schnoor Sisters, Chowchilla, Calif. Jim and Sue Coleman of Vintage Angus Ranch, Modesto, Calif., had the winning bid of $4,500 for this package.
· Vacation Experience in Beautiful Mexico, donated by Mirapaso Angus, Lewisburg, W.V. It was purchased for $5,750 by John and Laurie Widdowson of SandPoint Cattle Company, LLC, Lodgepole, Neb.
Dylan Denny of Lubbock, Texas, had the winning bid of $5,600 on an elite heifer to support the 2013 NJAS. Spruce Mountain Ranch donated Spruce Mountain Estina 2900, a female born Aug. 1, 2012, and sired by SMR In Focus 7011-9121.
Charlie Adkins of Crazy K Ranch, LLC, Michie, Tenn., purchased a diamond pendant necklace offering for $2,300 donated by Chris and Amber Roussel, Gramercy, La. The necklace proceeds will also benefit the 2013 NJAS.
At the conclusion of the event, a framed photo donated by Legacy Livestock Imaging, Topeka, Kan., was raffled. The raffle generated $2,030.
“Our wonderful hosts Tom and Lois Ames of Spruce Mountain Ranch, their family and outstanding professional staff, our volunteers, generous donors and buyers of our live auction items, along with Cotton & Associates who have helped coordinate this fun and enjoyable activity, enabled the Angus Foundation to have another very enjoyable and successful fundraising event,” says Milford Jenkins, Angus Foundation president. “Proceeds from the event will have an immediate impact on the lives of our Angus youth and adult members involved in the various activities and programs our organization financially supports during the year for the benefit of the Angus breed and beef cattle industry.”
Assisting the Angus Foundation in event management was Larry Cotton and his team at Cotton & Associates. Larry and Ryan Cotton served as event co-emcees. Steve Dorran was the auctioneer for the evening, and he was assisted by ringmen who included Terry Cotton, Matt Printz, Alan Sears, Jim Gies, Justin Stelzer and Delvin Heldermon.
The Angus Foundation was established in 1980 as a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization to support Angus education, youth and research. To learn more about the Angus Foundation and the programs it supports, call the American Angus Association® at 816-383-5100 or go to www.angusfoundation.org.