Jan. 15, 2015
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information contact:
Carrie Horsley, Angus Foundation director of marketing and public relations, at 816-383-5100 or email@example.com; or
Milford Jenkins, Angus Foundation president, at 816-383-5100 or firstname.lastname@example.org
‘Angus Night on the Mountain’ Earns $42,000
Hosted at Spruce Mountain Ranch LLC, the event benefits Angus education, youth and research.
Spruce Mountain Ranch LLC in Larkspur, Colo., was the gathering place for many Angus enthusiasts on Wednesday, Jan. 14, for Angus Night on the Mountain during the National Western Stock Show (NWSS). Ten packages and one raffle item generated more than $42,000 in gross proceeds for the Angus Foundation to benefit its mission to support Angus education, youth and research.
“The hospitality provided by Tom and Lois Ames of Spruce Mountain Ranch for underwriting this event does not go unnoticed,” says Milford Jenkins, Angus Foundation president. “Without the hard work of everyone involved, we would not be able to raise such generous funds that will impact the Angus Foundation’s initiatives to advance the future of our breed.”
Packages offered to benefit the Angus Foundation were:
· Advanced Reproductive Technology Package, donated by Trans Ova Genetics and its cloning division ViaGen, Sioux Center, Iowa. Purchased for $3,000 by Teixeira Ranch, Pismo Beach, Calif.
· Angus Foundation Golf Tournament Sponsorship during the 2015 National Junior Angus Show (NJAS) in Tulsa, Okla., donated by the Angus Foundation. Purchased for $2,000 by Gary Stevenson Family, Flying G Ranch, Caldwell, Texas.
· South Africa Seven-Day Safari Hunt donated by www.angusbreeder.net. Purchased for $3,000 by Steve and Terri Dorran, Timnath, Colo.
· Weekend Package at The Greenbrier Hotel and Resort in White Sulphur Springs, W.Va., donated by The Greenbrier Hotel and Resort. Purchased for $1,800 by Saddle River Ranch, Jones, Okla.
· Cruise for Two on Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines donated by the Angus Foundation and Cotter Travel Associates. Purchased for $5,000 by Crazy K Ranch LLC, Michie, Tenn.
· Vacation Experience in Beautiful Mexico donated by Mirapaso Angus. Purchased for $6,750 by Bill and Jennifer Davis, Belgrade, Mont.
· Big-Game Hunting Package donated by National Oilwell Varco. Purchased for $7,000 by Woodside Farms, Clear Brook, Va.
· One-Day Ranch Photo shoot donated by Legacy Livestock Imaging. Purchased for $6,500 by Wilks Ranch, Cisco, Texas
· Week of Beach Relaxation in California donated by Teixeira Cattle Co. Purchased for $3,200 by Drew Ballew of XL Angus Ranch, Evansville, Wyo.
Additionally, Crazy K Ranch LLC donated a Getaway Package for a week at their ranch. Lawson Angus Ranch, Calhan, Colo., purchased the trip for the price of $2,300.
At the conclusion of the evening event, Banner Angus Farm of Eagleville, Tenn., was the proud raffle winner of the CD collection of cowboy poems donated by Baxter Black, nationally known comedian and entertainer. The raffle generated $1,550 for Angus education, youth and research.
Assisting the Angus Foundation in event management was Larry Cotton and his team at Cotton & Associates. Larry and Ryan Cotton served as event co-emcees. Steve Dorran was the auctioneer for the evening, and he was assisted by the following ringmen: Terry Cotton, Jay Nordhausen, Alan Sears, Jim Gies, Juston Stelzer and Delvin Heldermon.
For more information about the Angus Foundation or the event, contact Jenkins at 816-383-5100 or email@example.com.
About Angus Foundation
Established in 1980 as a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization to support Angus education, youth and research. To learn more about the Angus Foundation and the programs it supports, call the Angus Foundation at 816-383-5100 or go to www.angusfoundation.org.
ANGUS MEANS BUSINESS. The American Angus Association is the nation’s largest beef breed organization, serving nearly 25,000 members across the United States and Canada. It provides programs and services to farmers, ranchers and others who rely on the power of Angus to produce quality genetics for the beef industry and quality beef for consumers.
For more information about Angus cattle and the American Angus Association’s programs and services, visit www.ANGUS.org.