- The animal must have registered parents.
- The animal must have been weighed at weaning with at least one other animal
of the same sex in a proper contemporary group with not more than three days
between weigh dates.
- Interim expected progeny differences (EPDs) are not calculated from
interims of parents if the animal has no weight record.
- Individual weights of embryo transfer (ET) calves raised by registered
Angus recipient cows are used for interim EPDs and are included in the National
Cattle Evaluation (NCE).
- Individual weights of embryo transplants raised by nonregistered Angus
recipient cows are not used in interim or NCE EPDs.
Note: An animal's own weaning weight must meet all data edits required for NCE, in addition to being from a proper contemporary group.