A Windows-based software program to simplify your Angus herd recordkeeping.
- Quick access to pedigree, performance and EPDinformation. You can get the latest EPDs for all of your animals on a weekly basis.
- Simplified reporting of performance, registration, transfer or registration and transfer data, which can be submitted by Data Upload or email.
- Access animals by tattoo, tag, registration number, electronic ID, name or sire/dam ID.
- Display and print projected EPDs based on breeding or calving data.
- Simulated breeding helps you determine what sires to use, or see the EPD profile of the calves from selected sires. Use the search results to record a planned sire. Also includes access to all National Sire Evaluation sires.
- Records carcass and ultrasound data.
- Extensive data validation to ensure accurate records.
- Generate ranked listings to spot top producers and assist in culling decisions.
- Calculate ratios, rankings and adjusted weights.
- Automatically determine most likely sires and calving dates. Also records preg check information.
- Print cow progeny lists or breeding histories.
- Maintain medical and income/expense records.
- Track animal purchase and sale information along with complete customer information.
- Spreadsheet style screens improve speed of entering large amounts of data, sorting or grouping your data.
- Export feature from the All view that lets you open in excel and modify to your needs.
- Many 255-character comment fields for permanently storing notes, plus one 32,000-character comment per animal.
- Print worksheets for use in the pasture or barn.
- Easy-to-make complete backups of your data.
The Angus Information Management Software (AIMS) was designed and written by the American Angus Association. It is a Windows-based computer program, which means you get all the benefits of user-friendly graphics, keyboard and mouse controls, plus the ability to use a wide variety of printers. AIMS uses tabs to quickly access animal information AIMS is priced at an affordable $495 and is available only to American Angus Association members.
Here's your chance to organize those cattle records in one location. No more searching drawers, tables, glove compartments and pick-up seats to find last year's breeding records. You can instantly find and print performance and pedigree information on any animal in your herd to show a prospective buyer.
Over 40 reports have been developed to help you document and analyze your herd. Just select the animals you want to appear in a report and view them on the screen or send them to your printer.
Take a look at the standard reports
Hundreds of Angus breeders are already using the Angus Information Management Software. AIMS is the upgrade to the Angus Herd Management System (AHMS) which has been in use since 1994. Dozens of AHMS-user ideas went into AIMS which helps make it one of the most useful software packages you will own.
A survey of AIMS owners revealed the following reasons why they use the software:
Supported by and compatible with the American Angus Association
Better organization and convenience of records
Affordable price compared to many other software packages
Fast, easy access to a variety of herd data
Electronic submission of weights to AHIR
Quick access to pedigree of any animal in the system
Neatness - no more scribbled, smeared or crumpled paper records
Consolidated location of all records
Easier to read and sort data
Current EPDs and performance data
Custom reports for buyers, sale catalogs and herd evaluation
One Angus breeder even exclaimed, "Now if it will just build fence!" Ok, so AIMS can't do everything, but when it comes to organizing the data for your registered Angus herd, it's hard to beat AIMS - Angus Information Management Software.
On-line help is available as well as a user's manual which is included as an Acrobat "pdf" file on the installation CD. However, if you run into a problem and you cannot find a solution, call the Association at 816-383-5100 and ask for "software support." Help is available from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., CST, Mon.-Fri. You can also contact us by email at email@example.com
AIMS will run under Windows 7(Service Pack 1), Windows 8, and Windows 10— if you have a relatively new computer, it will work.
- For the first installation of AIMS you must have administrator rights on the computer you will be installing it on.
- AIMS is NOT compatible to native Mac machines, but many Mac users are running it with Windows emulator software.
- You must also have a CD-ROM in order to install the software although accommodations can be made for new computers that do not include CD drives.
- While an Internet connection is not required, but it makes sending and receiving update files much easier.
- Network installations can be accommodated, although special software might be necessary for simultaneousmulti-user access (contact the AIMS department for more information).
Get off to a quick start by ordering your herd records - free with your initial purchase. The Association will provide you with all of your registration and performance records by email (or on CD) so you don't have to input anything before using AIMS. You can also add commercial cattle if applicable.
How to Order
Download and print the order form
, including payment information, then mail or fax to:
American Angus Association
3201 Frederick Ave.
St. Joseph, MO 64506