April 25, 2017
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information contact:
Jaclyn Clark, director of events and education, at 816-383-5100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Juniors Take Note: Upcoming Deadlines
The National Junior Angus Association reminds members to plan for summer events.
Spring and summer are busy times of year for members of the National Junior Angus Association (NJAA). As cattle competitions start to heat up across the country, the organization reminds Angus juniors to stay ahead of upcoming ownership and entry deadlines for regional preview competitions and the 2017 National Junior Angus Show (NJAS).
The NJAS is an annual highlight for many Angus families, and this year, the big event takes place July 9-15 in Des Moines, Iowa. Themed “Winning with the Angus Team,” more than 1,000 head of Angus cattle are expected to compete at the Iowa State Fairgrounds. In addition to entry deadlines, NJAA members should also pay attention to contest deadlines in the coming weeks.
Here’s a summary of what’s in store:
Monday, May 1
· Eastern Regional and American Angus Breeders’ Futurity Junior Angus Show ownership and entry deadline. The Kentucky Expo Center in Louisville, Ky., will host the show June 9-11.
· Northwest Regional Preview Junior Angus Show ownership and entry deadline. Washington is hosting this year’s show June 18-20 in Moses Lake, Wash.
· NJAA Jim Baldridge Outstanding Leadership Award application deadline.
Monday, May 15
· NJAA photography, creative writing and graphic design entries due. Enter photography entries using the new, online system.
· Entry and recipe deadline for the American Angus Auxiliary-sponsored All-American Certified Angus Beef® Cook-Off.
Thursday, May 25
· Deadline to submit NJAA career development contest résumés and public speaking contest speech outlines. Complete contest information is also available online.
· Late NJAS entry deadline; online submission only.
Thursday, June 1
· NJAA Board candidate applications due. Visit the NJAA website to learn more about Board member responsibilities.
· Entry deadline for state delegate names for NJAA elections.
· Deadline to submit names for the NJAS showmanship contest.
Visit the www.angus.org/njaa for more information and deadlines. Junior members can save time by submitting their entries online. Please note there are no exceptions to any of the ownership and entry deadlines.
About the NJAA
The NJAA promotes the involvement of young people in raising Angus cattle, while also providing leadership and self-development opportunities for nearly 5,000 active members nationwide. For more information about the NJAS or the NJAA, look online or call the Association at 816-383-5100.
— Written by Jena McRell, Angus Media
ANGUS MEANS BUSINESS. The American Angus Association® is the nation’s largest beef breed organization, serving more than 25,000 members across the United States, Canada and several other countries. It’s home to an extensive breed registry that grows by nearly 300,000 animals each year. The Association also provides programs and services to farmers, ranchers and others who rely on Angus to produce quality genetics for the beef industry and quality beef for consumers.
For more information about Angus cattle and the American Angus Association, visit www.angus.org.